1. You refer to yourself as your dog’s “mum” or “dad” and think that it’s totally normal (because it is).
2. You’ve gotten used to spelling out words instead of saying them, and catch yourself doing it even when your dog isn’t around.
“I had to w-a-l-k to work today because my c-a-r is in the shop.”
3. Your morning alarm is a wet nose in your face, and a wagging tail knocking against everything in your bedroom.
4. You prefer to share your bed with your dog, even though you know you will only get a few inches of free space.
5. You prefer to stay in on the weekends, and have cancelled plans because you don’t want to leave your dog.
6. You regularly set up “play dates” with your dog’s friends.
7. You talk in your “dog voice” for at least half of the day, even when people are around.
“You are soooo cute, I could just squeeze you! Oh yes I could! Oh yes I could!”